Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First Official Doctor Visit

Taylor had her first official doctor's visit today. I was very anxious about this one to see how much weight she was gaining. When we left the hospital she was down to 6 lbs 10 oz, so I was really hoping for some good weight gain since I am exclusively breastfeeding. Blake's Mom is here for a few days helping out, so she drove us there since I still can't drive or lift Taylor in her car seat. We made it there on time at 1:00 p.m., got signed in, and filled out all of her paper work. Then they called us back. It was really great to have some help because I am still new at getting out with a baby and being able to manage it all!! When we got to the room, I had to undress Taylor. Of course she screamed at this point because she hates being naked and getting her clothes changed! Then, I took the diaper off for them to weigh her and she peed all over the table and me!! It was pretty funny! The nurse was very helpful and said that happened all the time. I was almost embarrassed, but then I remembered that Taylor is a baby and can't help that. Anyways, on to the good stuff. Taylor weighed in at 7 lbs 4 oz. and was 20.5 inches long!! Not only had she gained weight, she grew a half inch! I was absolutely thrilled. The hard part about nursing is you have no idea how much she is getting. I basically go for a certain time period feeding her and follow her cues. If she seems hungry, I feed her. I guess that is working! Dr. Franklin came in after that and checked her out. He said she looked perfect (his words exactly)! All in all it was a great check up. We go back at two months. That is when she gets her S-H-O-T-S, but we won't discuss that now. No need to stress too early!

No comments:

Post a Comment