Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7, 2008

The Journey Begins!


Actually, the journey began 9 months ago, but the next phase of this wonderful journey began at 12:50 a.m. when I woke up to go to the bathroom, and my water broke. I immediately turned the light on and woke Blake up to tell him we needed to start making our way to the hospital. We were actually scheduled to be induced on December 10th, but I was really hoping to go into labor "on my own". The car was already packed (it had been packed for about 3 weeks), so all we had to do was get dressed and head out the door. Of course that was easier said than done because we were both a little nervous at this point. I changed clothes twice, then finally gave up and grabbed a towel to sit on instead. Blake called the hospital to let them know we were on our way. I was in the bathroom when I heard Blake asking for the department we needed. The funny thing was, he couldn't think of the name of it. Finally he blurted out "the place where babies are born". I was trying to yell "labor and delivery" but he couldn't hear me! I guess the nevers were really kicking in for him. Blake took a short video for Taylor of us heading out the door to go to the hospital and we were on our way. We both called our parents to let them know that we were on our way to the hospital. The drive to the hospital was pretty uneventful since it was after 1:00 a.m. in Cookeville. Blake was thinking it would be a little more exciting with me in labor. He thought I should be screaming in the passenger seat with each contraction! We made it to the hospital after a short 15 minute drive and got checked in at the emergency room. Once they verified my information where I pre-registered, they sent us on our way to labor and delivery. A lady asked us while we were walking if there was a baby coming. I think my answer was something like "I hope so, otherwise I just peed all over myself." We made it down the hallway to the labor and delivery area. We told the nurses who we were and they showed us to our room. We were the only ones there at that time. I changed into the lovely hospital gown and got into bed to wait for the adventure to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment