Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7, 2008

Recovery

After they finished closing me up after Taylor was born, they sent me back to the room I was in to "recover". This was the worst time for me. First of all, my mouth was so dry that I could barely swallow and talk. I asked for some water. They asked me if I thought I could handle it, and I said "sure". Well, I couldn't. I ended up throwing it up on myself. The sad part was that I didn't have the energy to tell anyone. The nurses were not in the room, and Blake was busy with Taylor, so I just let it go. Then I started shaking terribly when the epidural began to wear off. I also had no feeling in my left arm from the epidural. When Blake handed Taylor to me, I had to tell him to take her because I couldn't hold her at all. I was so scared that I was going to drop her. Plus, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open because I was so exhausted. Blake did manage to snap a picture of me holding her for the few seconds I had her. I think we were both ready to get into our regular room and get some rest. We had already decided that we would let her stay in the nursery so we could sleep. We were in recovery for about an hour and a half. I think Taylor screamed the whole time. At least it seemed that way to me. I was in and out most of the time. I tried my best to stay awake, but I'm not sure I did a very good job of it. They finally came in to take me to my regular room. They rolled my bed down the hall since I could not walk. As soon as we got into the room, I got sick again and threw up. This time I did manage to make it in a trash can. I think the nurses felt sorry for me, so they got me some ginger ale and a cracker even though I wasn't supposed to have them. I think I barely ate and drank, but it felt good to have it right there if I needed it. We were finally getting settled, and I felt like I could go to sleep. Blake took Taylor to the nursery, and I drifted off to sleep dreaming of my sweet baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment