Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today I officially celebrated my first Mother's Day! I cannot even begin to describe the absolute joy it is to be a Mommy! I never knew that I would be this way. I knew that I wanted kids, but just never saw myself as the "Mommy" type (you know, the girl who was a "mom" from the time she was 12 and couldn't wait to get married and start popping out babies). Well, I truly believe that I have figured out what I want to be when I grow up, and that is the best Mommy that I can be! I love staying home with Taylor and being able to raise her and see all the cute (and not so cute) things she does every day. I am truly blessed with a husband who is willing to work harder so I can stay home with our baby. I think I finally understand the sacrifices my parents made for me when I was growing up along with all the time, patience, and love they invested in me. My first Mother's Day was a great one. Grandmama and T-Daddy came up and spent the night with us and went to church with us Sunday morning. We came back and Blake and T-Daddy fixed lunch for us. Blake gave me a very sweet card with a Starbucks gift card and the promise of some time to myself while he watched Taylor. Not that I am trying to get away from my baby, but sometimes it is nice to have a little time to myself. All in all, it was a wonderful day, and I can say that I am truly blessed to be a Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment